Robert Appel, DMD
Dr. Appel was born and raised in Michigan and earned his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, before continuing on to earn his Doctor of Dental Medicine at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine.
After spending several years working in private practices in Beaumont, Katy, and Houston, Dr. Appel purchased Humble Dentistry.
Dr. Appel is dedicated to expanding his skills and knowledge, amassing several hundred hours of continuing education over the past few years.
Dr. Appel participates in a number of prestigious professional organizations:
- Preceptorship in Dental Implantology from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- Greater Houston Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
“I really enjoy problem solving, and each patient presents with a different set of challenges. Those challenges give me the opportunity to use my training and bring out the best in their smiles with a blend of art, science, engineering, and medicine.” – Dr. Robert Appel
Dr. Appel married his wife, Annie, in October 2016. They spend lots of time with nieces and nephew in Richmond, TX. They have a rescue dog named Clyde (like Bonnie and Clyde), a Cairn Terrier and Yorkie mix who is 11 lbs. of boundless energy.
He enjoys trail running, cooking, and traveling. He loves spending time at the beach in Galveston and taking pictures of sunsets.