Yes, we're still talking about COVID-19, but thankfully we are starting to see some good news for the Houston area following the post-holiday peak.
Texas Statistics Relating to COVID-19
- This week the replication rate [R(t)] for the greater Houston area was 0.9 (below 1.0 is better)1
- The test positivity rate in the Texas Medical Center was at 9.9% which is down from 11.1% last week (below 5.0% is good)2
- Texas has surpassed 2.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered3
We are encouraged that as more people get vaccinated in the coming months the pandemic will come under better control. What this means for Humble Dentistry though is that we are continuing to take our patient and staff’s safety seriously.
Early in the pandemic we implemented several changes that ultimately have helped streamline our practice while protecting everyone involved. This has allowed us to continue to serve you and your families so that you can enjoy high quality dental health for many years to come.
Some of the changes and precautions you may have noticed include:
- Pre-screening COVID-19 questionnaire sent one day ahead of time via text message. The questionnaire can be completed on any device and we receive the digital form as soon as you submit it.
- Additional emphasis on paperless forms through YAPI. We have used digital forms for several years now which prepared us well for the pandemic. The iPads we use in the office can be disinfected between patients. Additionally, our new patient forms are available on our website and we can send them via text or email to any device. Most patients find it more convenient to complete the forms in the comfort of their own home, which also helps to minimize the amount of time they are in the office.
- A second COVID-19 screening completed upon arrival.
- Contactless temperature checks upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the office.
- Masks are required for all patients when not in treatment in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one.4
- Medify Air H13 True Medical Grade HEPA filtration units in all treatment rooms as well as common areas. These filters are able to filter the air in all rooms multiple times per hour.
- We provide a 1-minute disinfecting mouth rinse prior to starting treatment. This is intended to reduce the bacterial load in the mouth minimizing the risk of transmission of any pathogens.
- Increased disinfection of common areas and high touch surfaces.
- Removal of all magazines from our lobby and more detailed scheduling which has minimized waiting in the lobby area.
- Encouraging that patients arrive by themselves whenever possible to minimize the number of people inside the office at any one time.
We are monitoring new guidelines and recommendations as they become available so that we can continue to offer all our patients the best evidence-based care possible.
Links to Refer to For COVID-19 Updates
We are sad we can’t share our smiles with you, but we truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the challenges we are facing.